Wednesday 31 May 2017

Layers

My dear reader!

Yesterday evening I was dusting off my old memories and spend time reading about the name I was given by my spiritual advisor. For that purpose I was reading from book, called "Teachings of Lord Chaitanya":

"The Lord then began to explain each and every one of these words. As far as the word ātmārāma is concerned, the Lord explained that the word ātmā means (1) the Supreme Absolute Truth, (2) the body, (3) the mind, (4) endeavor, (5) intelligence, (6) conviction and (7) nature. The word ārāma means enjoyer; therefore, anyone who takes pleasure in the cultivation of the knowledge of these seven items is known as an ātmārāma."

This clearly indicates the multilayer of personality. I recall Shrek, explaining to his friend Donkey layers of his personality. He gave example of an onion.




Donkey at the first meeting, unknown to himself, was seeing the inner layers:



Shrek: "Listen, little donkey! What am I?!"
Donkey: "Hmm.. aaa.. Really tall?"
Shrek: "Noo!!! I am an ogre!... Does that not bother you?"
Donkey: "Nope!"

Later on, in another conversation Donkey says:

- "You are so wrapped in your layers, you are afraid of your own feelings!"




I hope these videos are still available on YouTube, when you read this.

In my search for truth in my advisor I have found real friend, who see all my layers and always come back for me, because - "that is what friends do!"

In whatever layer of my multilayer being I am currently wrapped in, he is willing to help me and - he is able to do so, because he understands ALL my layers.

I wish you all to find such a friend, who is not your friend just for one of your layers, he will be next to you in your search deeper self, when you discover new layer of yours.

Some may find also example of Russian dolls very relevant. 




Hmm, there is seven dolls as well! may be accident, may be not.

Another part of my name, related to be enjoyer, asks for another post. In it I will talk about another layer, but tis time about layers of joy, pleasure, satisfaction, happiness and bliss.

Than k you for your time
Wish you all happy discovery of your layers!
Atmarama dasa.







1 comment:

  1. Thank you! Simple about serious matters!

    ReplyDelete