Monday 29 May 2017

Introduction.

My dear mind!

 I would like to introduce myself, but I do not know, who really I am. I can only refer to names, by which I am called by people around me. My parents gave me name Austris, although even they most of time called me son or darling son. For my siblings I was brother, for Russian kids on the street of my native town I was "латыш галдыш". For some time in school I had nicknames "china boy" and when I did not want to finish my music school, I was called "sailor", because at that time I wanted to become one. As student I was called "singer", due to my habit to spend all evenings walking around dormitories and singing. Later, as I was introduced to community of devotees, I was given name Atmarama dasa - servant of self satisfied. My travels to Thailand resulted to one more name - Anusorn, translated to tokes, something dear and important to give another person, when you are separated. Kallis (dear one) probably is last one.

This experience of talking to my own mind is quite new, so I will try to follow example and guidelines, how it was done by pure and soul, who was living in Bengal some 500 years ago. This is first verse from his poem "Shri Manah-shiksha"- instructions to the mind:

O my dear brother, my foolish mind, taking hold of your feet, I humbly pray to you with sweet words. Please give up all pride and quickly develop deep, loving attachment for the spiritual master, Śrī Vrajadhāma, the residents of Vraja, the Vaiṣṇavas, the brāhmaṇas, your dīkṣā-mantras, the holy names of the Supreme Lord, and the shelter of Śrī Śrī Rādhā-Kṛṣṇa, the eternally youthful Divine Couple of Vraja.

This will take a while, when I will approach you like that, but please be ready, that this dialogue with you will come to this.


Your friend


No comments:

Post a Comment